View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 10:49 PM   #61
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Tw learned propaganda techniques from his father who was in advertising for big tobacco. He's learned how to mix just enough truth (what he'll refer to as facts) in with deceptions (the conclusions he'll try to impose on others) along with demeaning (he'll call everyone who disagrees with him whacko, a child, extremist...etc.) to either string people along whatever agenda he's pushing; or, try to shut them down just as big tobacco tried to shut down the medical community. Tw identifies those he thinks are the most gullible among us and throws throws them a bone ('ataboy); or, something pleasant (humor) every so often to keep them hangin' on. If tw tries to get on your good side, it means he considers you a weakling.

If you watched the video UT posted, "Jonathan Pie explains it", then you know how tw has always operated. You're not allowed to disagree with him. If there isn't sufficient conversation going on in the Politics forum, he'll push his agenda in other forums and make a political connection there. It's been a losing methodology for tw just as it was a losing strategy for Hillary Clinton. Both of them still firmly believe that you can fool most of the people most of the time and if you repeat something often enough, it becomes the truth. Both will even wave the flag (as in - Patriotism, the last refuge of a scoundrel). Neither of them will ever learn simply because they're too full of themselves.

I, OTOH, didn't need Jonathan Pie's explanation. I know how propaganda works. The Reserve Psychological Operations Officers Course I attended covered propaganda techniques fairly well. Much of it is used in civilian advertising such as tw's father did. I readily see what techniques tw has picked up and employed here in the Cellar. He's not very good at it; but, because most Cellar peeps are even worse at recognizing it...he thinks he's a genius. If everyone here had my knowledge on the subject, tw would have been gone a long time ago. That's not the case though so the Cellar is a classic environment for someone like tw to thrive. And he knows it.

To the extent that tw is a propagandist that I can counter just for fun, it may be a good match.

BTW, when was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen to his rhetoric [rhetorical]? Tw is just a propagandist abusing this venue.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote