View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #41
comphappy
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen131
Speaking of Cost. I just recently read a blurb that says that the B-2's are worth (or cost) more than their weight in gold. I dont know the exact specs on the weight of a B-2, but I know they are pretty darn heavy. That's a lot of gold!

Ahh... Military bluntness permeates the post's of comphappy. One thing about being in the military, is that soldiers are usually not slow to express their opinions or feelings about topics or other people. Unless of course that other person significantly outranks you, in which case you might hold off on your opinions of his character, and stick to opinions of the topic at hand. Except perhaps if you have a good working relationship with him, and you do not take it to the point of disrespect or disregard for his authority.
Your correct about the weight/cost thing. an empty B2 weighs 154000 rounded up, in gold that's 1.6 billion rounded up, a B2 cost more then 2 billion.

as far as bluntness goes, I got it from my mother but then she was an army brat.

And arn't you the one that said the Air Force doesn't have soldiers it has Airmen. I know you were just trying to make a point, but you could use miltary personnel instead it's more of a generalization as not to offend anyone.
And are you military? you seem to think you know abunch about it. it really has nothing to do with rank but more of relationship between between two people. I have two e-5's above me and I might jokingly call one of them an A**hole or an idiot but then the other one I wouldn't because the one is more relaxed like that, and the other one is all high and mighty disciplined like.
comphappy is offline   Reply With Quote