View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #2959
anonymous
Operations Operative

Indeed I do.

During the course of my dealing with foreclosure proceedings with my bank, I was eventually served and the bank had gotten the ball rolling towards getting a court judgement. I still had the very remote possibility of being approved for a modification if I managed to get a $65K a year job within a month or so... Not likely.

I figured my best shot was to stall for time and so I found a lawyer who would represent me through out the proceedings for a flat rate. Our plan was to drag this out as long as we could so I had more time to find a FT job.

When we showed up for the first meeting with the bank's attorney's we left with the agreement that I would fill out, yet again, an ass load of paper work in aid of applying for another modification that would need to be reviewed, misplaced, bounced around and then denied. We set a date for the next meeting to be in mid to late October.

Three days after the meeting, the bank sent me a pre-approved provisional modification, where I need to make three trial payments, on time, and then I'm current, at a lower fixed interest rate, with an extended term capitalizing my unpaid interest.

I know if I hadn't gotten the lawyer, they wouldn't have made the offer.

Payment two is coming up and it's close but I'll make it.

So, I'm wondering if there is a 'not fucking around' effect that lawyers bring to these sorts of negotiations.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote