View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #88
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Every morning, I let my two yard chickens out of the greenhouse, then cross the lawn to the actual chicken coop, to let the other birds out for a day of bug eating in their fenced pen.

My banty roo, Marlon, is apparently deeply in love with me, so when I open the door to the greenhouse he goes into his romance dance for a few seconds, then follows me out into the yard. As I make my way across the (large) lawn, Marlon - who is about the size of a 4-week old kitten - runs like hell to keep up with me. I can't tell you how funny this little dork looks, racing along after me, and the fact that he's got a slightly gimpy leg makes it all the more comedic. (Am I going to hell for laughing at my handicapped roo?)

(click image)

It gets better. Every morning, he's distracted as we pass the front door of the house. There's a big gold-colored kick plate along the bottom of the door, in which Marlon sees gasp! another rooster! ARRGH! ATTACK!!!

Of course, it's his own reflection, so he crashes into the door with a thud and a squawk.

He never learns, and I never start a morning without a good laugh.

Last edited by Glinda; 07-05-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote