View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nov 25, 2009: Toe Wrestling

Playing serious footsies, World Championship Toe Wrestling.

Quote:
Alan 'Nasty' Nash strides confidently across the stage dressed all in black, snarling at spectators before taking up position on the 'tedium' opposite his equally intimidating challenger.
Once their big toes are firmly locked together, the referee yells 'toes away' and the battle begins, the two men's faces contorting with concentration as the crowd cheers and boos in response to each foot movement.
After more than 20 minutes of digit dueling, Nash triumphs – his powerful toes forcing his opponent off the toe rack and the audience erupts in applause as the referee shouts 'toe down'.
Gasp, gasp, gimme a minute... whew, that just took my breath away.
The excitement, the drama, the thrill of victory and the agony of de feet.

Quote:
The sport of toe wrestling began in the mid 1970s when a group of walkers at the Royal Oak Inn in Wetton set about finding a game the British could actually win. After a few more pints, the World Toe Wrestling Championships were born – but the inaugural event was promptly won by a visiting Canadian, which saw the competition shelved for two decades.
Well that didn't work as planned.

Quote:
And size doesn't matter. 'I don't think the size of your toe has anything to do with it as I have short, stumpy toes. It's more to do with technique.'
I like the way you think.

link