Thread: Cellar Dreamin'
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #56
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Last night I dreamed that HM and I went to the seaside. He had friends in the area (Portsmouth in the dream, but nothing like it in reality) and I was very unhappy that he kept leaving me alone to go out with them. I was babysitting Anakin Skywalker and for some reason you could tell when the tide was coming in because it looked like milk.

I'd proposed something in the Cellar about ? matching human based silicone with DNA ? Made sense in the dream. It turned out it was actually possible and there was a new store that was selling "created humans".

And Brianna - completely English - was the hostess of one of these new outlets where you could design your ideal partner. But weirdly I was telling her about all the benefits, as if I was still posting in the Cellar. Like, you can choose a woman 5 foot 8 but give her really long legs and the ability to walk well in heels, or a short but curvy blonde who likes to grow her hair long etc etc

Then it switched to the guy who'd made the scientific breakthrough, who lived in that town. Sadly he was a paedophile and the technology was only discovered when social services were tipped off by neighbours about the amount of children that seemed to be living in the flat - he'd been creating and refining them to suit his own perverse needs.

At this point, Bri was my co-detective, like Cagney and Lacey, going in and interviewing these ?sim? children. It was all very traumatic in mood, but once we entered the flat the dream became very cartoony and my one remaining image is of a dog humping the chair and Bri and I assuming that this was also a "construct".