View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
glatt

Alright. I'll say a little more.

But I think tapatalk gives a preview window for every new post when you choose to view unread posts, so I'm just going to put a little filler text here.

It had a different feel to it from the original trilogy. It didn't take itself so seriously. It was self referential, but I liked that just fine. It frequently tipped its hat to the nostalgia everyone was feeling.

The music had a similar feel to it, and it wove a lot of the original music into the score, but it also had its own sound. It didn't get in the way, and wasn't noticeable, but also didn't have any catchy new bits. It wasn't as epic as the original score. I think it was the perfect balance of doing the job but not attracting attention to itself.

It's like Disney/JJ Abrams took a look at the original trilogy through the eyes of a fan and figured out what worked there and copied it. And then threw in some nostalgic self referential stuff for good measure. And it worked well.

Interesting that the main characters are a woman and a black guy, and the only white guy is an old man. Very diverse set of characters. But it didn't seem forced. Seemed natural.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote