View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #7967
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Umm. Okay, long time not been here. Just wondering ... where does integrity disappear and self-preservation take over? Been trying to negotiate a 'civil' divorce, only to see the soon-to-be-ex-spouse make $340,000 disappear. Nice magic trick. Does anyone ever successfully negotiate a civil divorce? Is there such a thing? I cringe at the prospect of lawyering up only 23 days from D-Day. Am I a hopeless, laughable idealist?

That's what's upsetting me today.
I don't know...I wonder too about integrity. My marriage was 'dissolved' (sounds like an Alka-Seltzer) and I basically took what was mine and left. I don't know what drives people to fight and take: certainly there was love there at one time and shouldn't that be respected? But something takes over, it seems. Revenge? Or friends saying "get ALL you can" as a couple of my friends suggested. It's such a hard thing to go through why do people make it harder? That's a part of human nature I don't get. And I find it's more often than not the fairer sex is playing the fairer sex card (helpless. helpless like a viper) and it seems to be almost expected.

So I DO get where you're coming from but have no advice, legal or otherwise, except keep your integrity and your idealism, but don't let yourself be a doormat.

I hope it gets better. Keep in touch.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote