View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 07:17 AM   #11771
chrisinhouston
Professor

I've reached a point in life where a birthday is just another day, I don't get all excited like when I was a kid, nor do I dread getting older because I'm pretty much enjoying life as I age.

Yesterday, the 25th was my 61st birthday and I did something I have never done before. I bought a brand new "off the lot" vehicle. My whole adult life I have only ever bought used cars. Mostly because I couldn't afford a brand new one and I tend to be kind of cheap with things like cars. Used has been fine, the car needs to stop and start and have good air conditioning.

But since my wife's pre-retirement bonuses came in upon the sale of her company and we have paid off all our debt we felt the time was right for a new car to take us into retirement when that happens. A car payment was not in the cards before but now is ok, we got a really good interest rate and the wife says it will be fine. My wife still drives her company lease car with the lease good for another 18 months. After that she might buy it or just get another lease car, she plans to retire in 2020 so her ride is taken car of for a few years.

I decided to get a Ford F150 pickup with the 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Cab package and added the top trim package with most of the bells and whistles. Having a pickup makes it easier for camping, fishing or going to the lumber yard and the cab is big enough for 4 passengers to ride comfortably. The bed is rhino lined and has a folding torneau top that locks and is pretty moisture resistant.
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote