View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Yesterday I received an email from boss-dude.

"How do you feel about working your weekends alone in May?"

reply: "Terrified, but I'm sure I would rise to the occasion."

The negotiated settlement ... I get one more weekend with a partner, after that, I'm on my own.

Oh, and that other part-timer, the one who was asking me how to do stuff? Yeah, she's gone. The other night she just announced "I can't do this," and left. I have never seen anything like it. I'm used to people working through their shift and then contacting the boss the next day ... seen that more than once. Still don't know what happened to the third lady.

Last night we were quite busy. Paperwork was flying around the office, patients being brought in and out, I had to watch women pee and search them, since I was the only search certified female working. So ... there we were, during one of the rare lulls, talking about breaks and how we don't really get a chance to have them and all the other stuff we end up doing that's not directly our responsibility, trying to calculate the number of actual man-hours lost that would represent (it comes out close to an entire shift). So hyperguy says, "and what would that do?"

"It would give overnightchick something else to complain about."

There was a good five seconds of silence before hyperguy said to the other worker, "wolf has been here for less than a month and lookit what she has figured out."

"I, sir, am a highly skilled mental health professional."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote