View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #129
Jill
Colonist Extraordinaire

Okay, here's the deal. I honestly couldn't care less if there's a freaking Resolution on record or not. If the subject had never come up, I assure you I wouldn't have even given it a second thought.

But once the Senate came together and passed a non-partisan Resolution, I thought, "How nice." Then I heard that John Boehner had defiantly refused to do so, and I was outraged.

So why was I outraged that Boehner refused to do something I wouldn't have cared had he not done in the first place?

Because once it was "out there" and the Senate had passed theirs, it became crystal clear to me that John Boehner was turning this into yet another ugly stab at our President because G-d forbid they acknowledge something he succeeded at. It wasn't about expediency or time better spent on more important legislation (they've only passed 3 fucking bills in the 4 months they've been in control as it is). It was an intentional slap in the face to our President. It was a "Screw You" if there ever was one. And I find that reprehensible.

That's why.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote