View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 11:06 PM   #164
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I'm happy that you're happy but be careful, he sounds like the type to go crazy if he even suspects a neener neener from anyone. Gloat quietly.
Yes, I know you're right. I'm his target for the road repair thing and I don't take that lightly, but this latest action was led by my good neighbor (with me and a cop in attendance).

A-hole did his wetland/creek destsruction on the Memorial Day weekend, so there was no one in enforcement on duty to shut him down. Because of this, my good neighbor (she and her husband own the land that my easement road passes through) called the cops to serve as witness while she confronted him. She recorded a video of him in his backhoe in the middle of the creekbed, with the cop as a witness, while she (and the cop) told him he had to stop ripping up the creekbed or risk the consequences, and he turned his back on us and continued tearing things up. She also later contacted the forestry and code enforcement guys.

So, I'm his former enemy. She's his current enemy. It is what it is. My reading of him is that he's a passive-aggressive bully, and his MO is quietly arrogant willfulness/antagonism, but he complies when he's pressed (as I've already proved with my small claims lawsuit against him). I've done a backgound search on him - no worrisome legal issues thus far. Of course, this situation could push him over the edge, but so far, no violence in his history.

On the plus side, the cops know what's going on out here - it's not the first time they've been called in connection with this guy. Code enforcement and logging dudes are also keeping a close reign on him, now that they've had a chance to get out here to see what he's done. And, he's surrounded by neighbors who know what he's done and are not happy about it. The whole world's watching, if you will.

Finally, although it's waaay after the fact, he has applied for a wetland permit to build a road through his wetland, so he's complying (so far) with the officials who are monitoring his case. The odds of getting this permit are roughly zero, so he's going to have to spend wads of dough "restoring" what he broke with county enforcement supervision, and have no real access to the back end of his land (next to my property).

And then there will be the fines. Heh.

As for gloating at him . . . I promise to try very hard not to, but I make no promises.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote