View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #95
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
And it's more accurate to sing it "Lydia Pink, the pink the pink," anyway. It's about Lydia Pinkham's Compound, a very popular patent medicine way back in the way-back.

Most of the time, I sing it with the SCA lyrics, though:

Oh here is a story
A little bit gory
A little bit happy, a little bit sad
About a drink called
Imperium Compound
And how the S.C.A.'s been had.

Oh we think, we think we think
The King is a fink, a fink a fink
A fincure of
Respectability
He rules the Kingdom with Imperium Compound
The results are plain to see...

Further wackiness -- trust me -- ensues.

Here is about the whole works of the SCA version. Holy schmoly -- I know a bunch of these people at least slightly, and the barony with the Welsh name is where I began in the SCA back when Adler des Berges was its Baron. I believe two of the people mentioned are now dead -- Angus (if that's the right Angus) and Gyrth Oldcastle. Trude really does have a Cheshire Cat's grin. Yang the Nauseating is known to the outside world as science-fiction writer Robert Lynn Asprin. Speaking of authors, I'm rather surprised they didn't come up with verses for authors Poul Anderson, who was Bela of Eastmarch in Society, or Jerry Pournelle. Two more guys I've met.
I ran around in the Kingdom of An Tir for like 12 years . I have a really bad reputation from those days, and I worked for it! Any chance you know anyone who still knows the words to "I Like A Moose"? I got candy and dishes thrown at me one morning cuz a friend and I were singing it while washing the previous night's dinner dishes at like 7:30 on a Sunday morning...
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote