View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #583
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

The fuel pump problem is not a fuel pump problem.

When I was doing the cam chain tensioners back in may, I took a bit of a leap of faith. I trailered the bike up to a guy's house to let him fix it. Met him on the hd forum I follow. Seemed to know his shit. Seemed like people on that forum deferred to him when there was a debate about some technical issue.

So I decided to trust him. And I liked him right away. Talked about this and that for an hour when I dropped it off, then he and Amanda and I talked for even longer when we picked it up.

I've stayed in touch with him. He retired from his County job and got a job at his local Harley dealer as a service writer. Perfect fit for him. He's not as active on the forum since he started there. I guess he scratches his Harley itch all day long at work now.

But when I get stuck, and no one in that forum can help, I've texted and called him.

I've been scratching my head over this fuel pump whine since Sunday. Talked to him this evening on the phone.

His recommendation was to pull the fuel pump assembly half way out, and turn it on so I could see where fuel was escaping the system. Very clear and detailed instructions on how to go about it. He guessed that I've either got no o ring or 2 between the filter I put in and the regulator housing.

Damn if fuel didn't spray out between the filter and regulator when I did as he said.

Its not what you know. It's who you know.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote