View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

a) Do you listen to real radio anymore? (Not streaming) And if so, is that only in the car? My alarm clock is set to the classical station. I also occasionally alternate between two local morning shows in the car when I'm not in the mood for one of my audiobooks after dropping the kids off. But no music--AND, I just got a new phone that actually has a workable amount of memory, meaning I am testing the podcast waters and may never return.

b) Who did you hero worship as a kid? Tom Lehrer

c) Sunflowers or roses? I have sunflowers in my house right now, actually. They came from a funeral that had only yellow flowers, though. If I had a choice, I'd go roses. They smell nice.

d) Which book from your childhood do you remember most fondly? "The Fatal Shore." It's a history book about convict settlement of Australia, which I bought because I was in a play set in that time period. It was the first nonfiction I voluntarily purchased with my own money and read, which made me proud of myself at the time, and also I have fond memories of the play intertwined with the whole thing.

e) What’s the most interesting fact you know about fruit? Avocados are botanically a berry.

f) Do you have a library card/whatever your local equivalent is? Yes, but I've never used it. I got it in order to attempt an interlibrary loan, and only after they issued the card did I find out the ILL wouldn't work.

g) Air Traffic is grounded, you have a long way to go and no car. Train or bus? Train, no question. The seats are bigger, there's a dining car, and if you feel like spending extra you can get an overnight cabin to yourself no matter how short your trip is.

h) What is the most useful gadget you own? Hand crank apple peeler.

i) A pint of Milk or Orange Juice? OJ.

j) You crack an egg and find out the hard way it is bad. What are you most likely to say out loud? "And THAT'S why I do them in a separate bowl..."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote