View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #30
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

My first car was a 1966 Plymouth Fury II. It looked almost exactly like this (sans fancy wheels), but in powder blue:

It came to me after grampa died (1974-ish), and gramma didn't know how to drive. Grampa kept it immaculate, and he was a mechanic, so it ran like it was brand new when I got it. Unfortunately, no one ever told me that you had to put oil in a car (whaddya want from me, I was 16)... so I didn't. For about two years.

Oh, the car never actually died. But it overheated a lot, so I learned that keeping the heater on at all times helped, and I discovered how to cool off the radiator when the idiot light went on, by using the hose on it while the engine was running, and once it was cooled down, refilling the radiator with water ("Anti-freeze?" What's that?)

I eventually sold it to a friend who put some oil in it (anti-freeze, too, I'm sure) and drove it for another five years before selling it to someone else (who drove it for at least another 3-4 years, as she saw it tooling around town all the time). That car is probably STILL cruising the streets of SoCal...

They don't make 'em like they used to!

P.S. Sorry for the gigantic image... don't know how to make it smaller!
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote