View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #14
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

When do you mean "gifted" do you mean smart like Einstein or as in takes the short bus? And what does twice gifted mean?

My kids are a mixed lot. The oldest simply doesn't give a shit and could care less if he graduates or not, so he gets D's and F's and there is little I can do. I can make him do his homework, but I can't make him turn it in once he gets to school. I can put him on "restriction" for the bad grades, but he doesn't care if he sits in his room for days on end. All he does is go to sleep. Yeah. 2 more years....just 2 more...

The middle one is my "special" son, he's been in Special Ed and on IEP's since Kindergarten. He's smart, about 2 grade levels above his age group, but because he's autistic, a large classroom setting (= lots of kids) plus a more chaotic enviroment (=less structure and schedule adherance than a "special class") = a very uncontrollable (and potentially hysterical) 10 year old male.

My youngest is the einstein of the group. Smart as a whip, kind, friendly, beautiful, and the all around "perfect" child. She's the one that scares me.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote