View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #50
SamIam

@ BigV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
During (fill in the blank) 's presidency, the Democrats promised spending cuts, if (blank) would approve some tax hikes - he did. Those promised spending cuts were never passed for him to sign.
You know, Adak, your belief system may work just fine for the Rush Limbaugh born again crowd, but when you trot it out in the real world, it fails you abysmally. What part of bills signed into law don’t you understand? Congress (which just so happens to include the Democrats) has been using cuts in discretionary spending in an attempt to reduce the deficit for quite some time now. I’ll give you just one example – housing assistance:

Quote:
To address projected budget deficits, the President and Congress in recent years have relied almost entirely on cuts to discretionary programs. First, they enacted funding legislation for fiscal year 2011 that cut discretionary funding below the 2010 level. Soon thereafter, they enacted the BCA that, as noted above, set ten-year binding “caps” on total budget authority for discretionary programs.

Figure 2 shows the impact to date on housing assistance and community development programs. From 2010 to 2012, funding for housing assistance fell by $2.5 billion, or 5.9 percent just in “nominal terms” — i.e., not counting the additional losses due to the effects of inflation — while funds for community development programs fell by $1.5 billion, or 24 percent. Policymakers cut funds for public housing and housing and community development block grant programs most sharply.
This glimpse of reality is provided by the NON PARTISEN Center for Budget and Policy Priorities – not MSNBC, not some populist blog, and not from the communist party. You might try stepping outside your comfort zone some time and try getting your information from a source other than Tea Party propaganda. That noise on the roof is not Santa’s reindeer or Charlie Brown’s football. It’s the sound of a wake-up call for the Republican Party. Is there any intelligent life in there?

*silence*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak
questions I'd love to have a Democrat answer:

1) What part of "The overspending has to stop", do you not understand? We're talking about a TRILLION dollars plus, per year.

2) What part of doing the wrong thing, do you want to compromise with?
What part of the need for a reasonable tax code don’t you understand? Why do you and your Tea Party buddies think it’s perfectly fine to hold the entire country hostage for the sake of a few millionaires? What makes you think that the Republicans can continue to cover up a poor motive with doublespeak such as “entitlements,” “small business,” and “job creators,” to name just a few.

It’s time to leave behind the doctrine of the world according to Fox along with its vocabulary. Let’s get honest for once. How about:

“Big corporations, which continue to outsource American jobs overseas, demand that the middle class relinquish its EARNED BENEFITS and give the taxes from their hard earned pay checks to special interests which couldn’t care less about this country or its people.”

Please respond with something other than dogma. If I want to take everything on faith, I’ll join the Branch Davidians.
Attached Images

Last edited by SamIam; 12-07-2012 at 03:39 PM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote