View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #779
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I've been unemployed for almost 2 months now. I've had several interviews, but apparently, I haven't quite been able to seal the deal. Just before I lost my job (it was a one-year grant funded gig and the funding wasn't renewed), my car blew up...and we live out in the suburbs.

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's incredibly challenging at times. I try to do a variety of things besides looking for jobs, but being out in the 'burbs sans vehicle makes that a bit of a challenge. Although some days, I can take the Mrs. to work and have the car for the day.

I think the most important thing I've learned this go-round is that so much of who we are can be tied to what we do for a living...and that can be a dangerous thing. I've realized this before, but I'm trying to consciously move away from that. I am so much more than my occupation.

I'm a finalist for a couple of positions...one in St. Louis and one in Chicago. I might actually hear back on them this week. Or maybe another of the 300 gigs I've applied to. I could use some good vibes/prayers/offerings, Dwellars. TIA.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote