Thread: Songs that Bind
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 01:24 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Do all y'all listen to current music now, though? Or just stuff from back in your day?
Even though I bitch about it a lot, I still listen to radio (Stop sayin' it, & start playin' it!!)

The only stations I can get with regularity that I can stand are classic rock. I don't listen to current country music at all. If someone tells me about a particularly clever country song, I'll seek it out and try it. I can't stand what passes for music on the pop/Top 40 stations.

The last cd I bought was in 2007, btw.

I did what Toad was talking about a few years ago, and actively sought out new, different kinds music. I tried a lot of different kinds. Came up with doodly squat, pretty much. I did discover that I kinda like some of the old country music, from the 50s, 60s, & 70s.

And, of course, I like anything with particularly clever lyrics.

One of the weirder discoveries was that I like George Strait. I never cared for him before, but he has some clever lyrics, fun songs, and pleasantly endearing melodies.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote