View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #2939
lookout123
changed his status to single

Anxiety attacks. loads of fun. Not major emergency room visit style, but heavy weight on the chest, nausea, heart racing, completely overwhelmed style. yeah loving it. I know in a few hours it'll be over and I'll still be alive and kicking but it sucks.

Most of my clients listened to me and made what I felt were appropriate portfolio changes last fall/winter. Some didn't. I made them sign statements pointing out they were ignoring my best advice so I won't get sued or anything but I still get to face these people and explain in stomach churning detail why they have half the money today that they did last year.

To make matters worse, the people I have to see in an hour and a half were warned they were withdrawing too much too soon even before the market downturn. They have about a 15% chance of not outliving their money now. Will it matter that I warned them and asked for action a long time ago? No. Not at all. I'm still the piece of shit that lost their money. I'm the evil guy who they'll blame when they can't afford to do something they want for the next 30 fucking years.

It won't matter that I sat them down and explained in painful detail what needed to change, how to cut expenses, how to minimize risk, and even showed them that the changes I was begging for would result in lowered income for me... I will still be the devil incarnate when they talk to friends and family. When they consider going back to work. When they talk to the other families on the block who have been doing business with me for years.

Pardon me while I go puke again.