View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #795
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
To say this suggests that you KNOW for CERTAIN that proposed heath care reform will be successful and beneficial - and you don't.
Well, of course it is just my opinion, just as it is the opinion of many that reform won't work. I would say that most can agree that the current system isn't working and is unsustainable for our future without some kind of correction being made. I think, though, that it is important that current discussions over the way to correct it not get sidetracked and distorted by unrelated issues, including illegal immigrants. ("Lie!", etc.) The current reform plan doesn't concern them. We pay for them through distributed costs now and, if the bill is passed, we will continue to pay for them in the future. No change. Anything affecting that would result from different legislation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc
I don't think anyone has stated that, only that it needs to be addressed.
It does, yes, but as stated no one is going to deny illegals emergency care with or without reform. The issue of illegals has to be tended to at a level above healthcare reform -- the only thing that could be done, realistically, involving healthcare is to permit them to be treated under the same plan. No one is going to turn them away, no one would dare to try to pass legislation requiring proof of citizenship at the doors of the ambulance or ER. Immigration reform is something else entirely.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote