Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #623
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I feel like running a four-bore, double barrelled shotgun up this day's ass all the way to the collar bone and pulling both triggers. Then, stomp what's left of the skull until flat, and dry. Then, eat this goddamned, motherfucking, son-of-a-bitch of a goddamned day, with hot sauce and shit it over a thousand foot cliff, directly into a coal seam fire, where I hope it burns white hot for the next twelve thousand, nine hundred, eleventy-seven eternities. In the fucking rain.

Yeah, not happy with this day so far. I'm a little miffed.
This, but change 'day' to 'week'.

I seem to have spent the last three days dealing almost exclusively with dipshits and wankers.

*Imma add to that a short plea to anybody who is willing to listen:

If you have a home insurance policy - please read the details provided in your welcome pack, that set out the various aspects of cover included in your policy. And if you chose to keep down your monthly premiums by selecting a big ass excess/copay in the event of a claim, or by not opting to take the additional lines of cover such as Home Emergency cover, or Accidental Damage to contents - please do not shout at me and call me names when I tell you I have to deduct £400 excess from the settlement for your £500 TV, or that I cannot send out an emergency locksmith to your house, or that there is nothing I can do about the giant paint stain on your brand new sofa.

I did not select your cover. Other people are paying additional premiums for the cover you decided you wouldn't need, have now discovered rather belatedly that you do need, and are raising merry hell and threatening to go to the Ombudsman because you are not being provided with it.

And then when, despite you not having the cover in place, I spend 2 hours liaising with our windows and doors supplier to try and get your non-emergency timescaled appt moved forward - have the decency to thank me for it when I get them to you the next fucking day instead of complaining that I was 'condescending, unsympathetic and didn't understand'.

The previous handler just said they were really sorry but there was nothing they could do without the home emergency cover in place - they would have to go through the standard windows and doors repair process. I could have done the same. I didn't - I tried my hardest to get this woman a better solution and fucking succeeded, but she was still pissed off at me.

Last edited by DanaC; 01-11-2018 at 02:32 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote