View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 09:00 AM   #94
glatt

You know that myth about the frog that sits in a pot of water that is being brought to a boil?

This pot is getting kinda warm.

26 years at this place. I'm feeling like I need to reinvent myself. Maybe it's because my 26 year anniversary was Saturday. Maybe it's because I turn 50 next week. Maybe it's because my boss has a new boss and he's got a reputation as an executioner. She called me into her office and said she's about ready to retire because she can't deal with the shit in this place any more. I feel like I have about a 10% chance that I could get her job. I feel like there is about a 50% chance that her job will be eliminated if she retires. I don't even really want her job, although I want her salary.

How do you go about reinventing yourself when you are 50 and need to keep a steady income to pay bills and get 2 kids through college? Lots of opportunities out there for me to jump ship and earn half of what I make now.

Not looking for answers. I know I have to figure this out myself. I just have no idea where to start.

I could go back to school for 4-6 years and become a pharmacist. Tons of secure good paying jobs in that field. I could have a 10-15 year career doing that after going into serious debt to get through school.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote