View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #157
glatt

Yeah. It's been mismanaged. And hasn't been maintained.

Keeping it open so late was probably the final nail in the coffin. When they made that change a few years ago, they basically eliminated all maintenance then, and it rapidly declined.

On a more personal note, Friday is bike to work day. I'm going to try riding my bike in to the office for the first time. I have my route all planned out. I'm on bike paths for the first 5 miles and then once I'm in DC, I have about a dozen blocks to ride on city streets. Half of those streets have little bike lanes on them that are routinely blocked by double parked delivery trucks every block. It will be a test of my possible new commute during the upcoming track shutdown and 80% reduction in capacity on my line. Should take me an extra 15 minutes door to door, but I'll arrived tired and sweaty. I'll need to take a shower here. So I need to allow 30-45 extra minutes. Going home is uphill and will take an extra 30 minutes over my current commute, but no rush to get home and allowing time for a shower there is no big deal.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote