View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #308
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Close to home - 15yr old shot

This boy is a friend of my D16, they go to school together and he has been to my home. They're all my daughter's friends, actually.

The story I got from Michael Owens (my daughter's boyfriend and who was interviewed in the above article) was that a girl, another friend, stole the loaded gun from an unlocked car. She, Ryan, and another teen were playing with it and had actually removed the clip. But, being stupid kids, they didn't know there was still a bullet chambered. She pointed the gun at Ryan and he tried to knock her hand away, causing it to go off. The hollow point entered through his mouth and blew the side of his face off. So he's in ICU and stable, but will require extensive reconstructive surgery.

From what I understand, the girl will be charged with something (probably waiting to see if Ryan lives) as will the owner of the loaded gun left in an unlocked car.

All the kids involved in the incident as well as friends are very sobered and saddened.