Thread: Weird News
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #2909
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

"This TV's not worth it," she said disgustedly... as she stood in line paying for the fucking TV she fought to get.

The way to make this bullshit stop is for everyone to stop complaining about Christmas stuff being too early when it comes before Thanksgiving. Because I'll tell you right now, as someone who has to shop for 4 kids in my nuclear family plus a ton of extended relatives who have never agreed to a "draw one relative out of the hat because we have too many damn relatives" scheme... 3 weeks is not enough time to get good presents for everyone. It's just not. Yes, I could go to the mall and get a shitty present for everyone in a couple of hours, but giving a shitty present is worse than giving no present. I started thinking, planning, and shopping for Christmas presents before Thanksgiving, and the sooner we all do that, the sooner we can get rid of this artificial start date.

When Best Buy sends out a flyer that says "get your Black Friday deals a week early!" and no one gets all bitter and cries foul, the trampling will stop.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote