Thread: Ships
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 10:24 PM   #125
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Attachment 65169

I saw this picture in a UK newspaper but with little detail of the circumstances surrounding the collision.

My first thought was how did the ferry manage to ram the container vessel amidships in broad daylight, assuming that the photo was taken soon after the collision.

I did a bit of digging and found this from the WSJ:

Anchored? How on Earth....

WSJ Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Further to my post #108...

Judging by the starboard anchor chain passing over the port side of the bulbous prow, the container ship has rotated somewhat in the collision.

I know little of maritime law, but I thought that there was a requirement to maintain a lookout at all times. Not that I'm suggesting negligence, you understand.

Anyway, there's likely to be a delay in collecting the next consignment of half a million Chinese plastic dog turds. (Guaranteed to break the ice at parties).
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That's old news...here's some really good quality silent movie footage concerning it:

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote