View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #1271
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
We just started watching the BBC's new series Sherlock, the classic story of Sherlock Holmes but in a modern setting.

Holy cow. I haven't loved a series this much in a very long time. The casting is just fantastic, and unlike most BBC productions, this one has a serious budget. Apparently they were afraid it wouldn't catch on quickly enough after all the money they'd spent on it, so the "first season" is paced as three 90-minute episodes, instead of 9 half-hours.

It's really incredible. Dana, I think you in particular would adore it, if you haven't seen it already. It's written by Mark Gatiss, you know.
Synchronicity! (sort of - it is weeks later)

I just finished the first episode via Netflix streaming. I really liked this show. The writing is witty and fast paced. In fact, I really wish Netflix had subtitles for this. Holmes is sometimes talks too fast for me. Cumberbatch is great as Holmes and Freeman is the perfect everyman for Watson.

I enjoyed watching this so much that I was wondering if I was giving it too much leeway and it wasn't really as good as I was thinking. But here is your review, so I feel vindicated.

Can't wait to watch the next one. I may try to get it from the library system, though, so I'll have the subtitles.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote