View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 12:58 PM   #45
glatt

4/9/16 Saturday (and my birthday)

Busy day today. Full of fun, and I even had about an hour to work on the band saw.

I started off by turning the wheel down a little bit more. I’d make what seemed like a lot of sawdust and flatten and square the edge, unplug the motor and then pull out my wife’s cloth tape measure and measure the circumference. Still a long way to go. It was taking a while, and I just wasn’t into it at the moment.

So I decided to shift my attention to something else. I was going to need to also turn down the pulley and make a groove in it for the v-belt, but the pulley was too far from the board I was using as a tool rest. No safe way to reach it with a chisel. I decided to make a tool rest extension. Pretty straightforward.

First I cut the vertical part. Then I drilled some holes in what would be the horizontal support.
Name:  IMG_4264.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  123.8 KB

Clamped the vertical tool rest part and used some of those pocket hole screws to screw it together.
Name:  IMG_4267.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  93.0 KB

Holding the tool rest in place to see how it will fit. It’s still not as close to the wheel as I would like, but it would be too much effort to set things up to get it closer.
Name:  IMG_4268.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  96.1 KB

4/10/16 Sunday

I had about half an hour after mowing the lawn, so I turned the wheel down some more. I’m pretty close now to the right size.
Name:  IMG_4284.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  97.9 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote