View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #100
SamIam

Oh, come on Classic. Surely you can dig up something a little less partisan than Republican House Speaker Boehner’s blog! If you want to read a lot of whining, that blog will keep you entertained, but if you want a serious unbiased view of the issues, you’re better off watching Jon Stewart.

Plan for America’s Job Creators – requires Congressional approval of any major government regulation. I’ve been wondering about these elusive “job creators” every since I first heard the Republicans bandy the term around, but we have yet to be informed of who these people or corporations (I guess they’re the same thing now) are and what they have been doing for the American worker. I guess with “no regulations”, they will be even more free than before to send American jobs overseas, pollute the environment like the big uranium companies who killed off large portions of western Colorado, and whatever else they feel like doing at the expense of the American people and the Nation. God forbid that a corporation be accountable to any regulations or laws. Yep, can’t see why the Dems didn’t vote unanimously for THAT one.

The Workforce Democracy & Fairness Act
(H.R. 3094) passed last week stops the Obama administration’s National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) from circumventing Congress to allow job-threatening “ambush” union elections. In other words, let’s weaken the unions even more before finally outlawing them. Heaven prevent that the American worker get a fair shake. In fact, let’s bring back the 14 hour day (Hey! I’m already working that), abolish the minimum wage, and make OSHA a thing of the past. Those Republicans – so slavish in obedience to their Super Pacs!

Regulatory Flexibility Act
: As far as I can figure, this Act will force the Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management and certain Indian tribes to throw out the National Environmental Policy Act and the Forest and Rangeland Renewable Resources Planning Act in favor of small businesses (less than 500 employees) who wish to set up money making ventures on public lands. Logging and mining companies will have a field day, and, as usual, slither out of making even the smallest attempt to repair the damage they cause to forests, rivers, ecosystems, wildlife, etc. How nice for them. I’m sure our children will enjoy visiting mine tailings sites and eroded mountainsides.

I could go on, but why bother? If you can’t read this stuff with an analytical mind and a critical eye, why waste your time? These are NOT job bills. They are anti-regulatory bills. Hello?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote