View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #30
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

No makeup.

I wear only one lens in the right eye; using the right hand to insert it. I typically insert the lens using the middle finger while holding my lower lid down with the third finger of the same hand. I can do it with, or without, a mirror. Using only one lens is called mono-vision. Guys normally have a hard time correcting vision this way. For women it is easier. I think it has something to do with the brain's ability to compensate and interpret depth perception. Men characteristically have better depth perception (on the average), so going to mono-vision will usually mess with that. For some reason I can handle it fine.

I also recently made the move to progressive lenses because I was having a hard time reading up close. Once again, I am an anomaly and can switch back-and-forth between mono-vision and progressive glasses with ease. I was told not many folks can do that so effortlessly. I prefer mono-vision when running, working outside, strenuous work, etc. I hate cleaning dust and sweat from my glasses. I guess I’m just very fortunate.
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote