Thread: Clockwise?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #35
Flint
Snowflake

Oh, no, man, not "you" you, universal you--anyone.

Anytime anyone wants to "chicken out" when hard verification is called for. And not of my personal belief systems, or anything like that.

Mostly just mundane stuff, like as if two people were debating what 2 plus 2 adds up to. Person A says it is 4, and is happy to demonstrate why it is 4. Person B just feels like it is 5, but has nothing to back that up. If person B is pressed by person A for more details, it is easy to say that person A is being an a$$hole "for no reason" and why can't they just leave it alone.

But it isn't "for no reason" --it is because facts and details are important.

What I got from your original comment is that, as a "Person A" I am not trying to force my conclusion as the only possible true conclusion. I would actually love for Persons B to break out a pencil and paper, show me the math and show me where I was wrong.

Then, you know, you learn.

In short, I don't debate to prove I am right. I debate to learn what is right. It's a process. It's on purpose.

Everyone has something to contribute. If we counted on ourselves to have the exclusive correct answers, that would be silly.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote