View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #78
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"Welcome To Union Glacier"

Quote:
Union Glacier is located in the southern Ellsworth Mountains of West Antarctica. This is a documentary about a small team of people who live and work on the glacier during the Antarctic summer.

In 2013 I was the filmmaker attached to the Scott Expedition - the journey that completed Captain Scott's final, ill-fated expedition from the coast of Antarctica to the South Pole and back again. Our team passed through Union Glacier Camp on route to the starting point of Scott's Hut at Cape Evans, but after becoming stranded at the camp and working with the staff there; I decided to make this documentary.

For me, this film seems a bit like an antithesis to many expedition and adventure documentaries. There is no great achievement or record broken, nor any real challenge to overcome. Instead it concerns minor details; the everyday tasks of the staff that were made more special by the environment surrounding them. And in fact, I think that's what attracted me to make this film - the delightful trivialities of an average life, working in Antarctica.
Fullscreen is more better.

Or, watch it at Vimeo.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 11-29-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote