View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #17
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"Cost of everything? For health care, $2 Trillion less than we spend now, for the rest, a lot less than the cost of not having them."

I'm thinkin' more of the 'cost' of 'from each, according to ability; to each, according to need'. No doubt some folks will gladly pay up for such a deal, thin-blooded creatures thay are, happy to have 'need' satisfied.

Everyone 'needs', yeah?

Let's not forget, however, about the (slave) labor required to satisfy all that 'need'. As Glatt sez, 'people time and time again act in a greedy way to get ahead at the expense of society'. The greedy rich, the greedy poor, both want the same thing: that which doesn't belong to them.

You ready to serve, to pay the incalculable 'cost'?

Mebbe you are...good on you, you selfless piece of meat.

#

"Theoretically, an individual decides between himself and others, whereas the legislator deciding between doing what's best for everyone or a few, with no(or very little) skin in the game."

Seems to me: inevitably, the legislator serves his own best interest, just like everyone else.

Put your 'faith' in 'you', is my advice (or squander it on 'finer clay' [if you can find it]).
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote