View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 09:04 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

"Cock" and other jargon

When you start at a new workplace, you meet a whole new group of people. You also meet a whole new group of sayings.

At CHN, instead of saying "damn!" or "crap!" when something goes wrong, they say "Caaaaaahhhhhhhkkk!" ('Cock' drawn out to sound like the "aaaww" in "aaaaaawww shucks!" when you really mean it) People get called "Cock" far more frequently than other, more mainstream 'friendly insult' words. A few of them will chirp 'cock!' randomly as they go about their business. It's ludicrous, innapropriate, and potentially offensive to an unseen customer. Yet, I catch myself playing along. I even have jinx saying it when she's frustrated.

Funny how we take on the local dialect. Sometimes, a new person will bring new jargon with them. I remember a salesman named 'JR' who brought us 'mook'. within months, all of the 'bad ups' were known as Mooks. At Family, they were geeches, At CHN, they're strappers. We also refer to them as Mr or Mrs [insert distinguishing characteristic here](er)man. ex: "Mrs Booberman" or "Mr Toupeeman"

ok, now you.

Cock!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote