View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #7528
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
My dad lost his mother to colon cancer when he was 12. Definitely changed his outlook on life. It breaks my heart to think of those two boys.
That's been the saddest part of all this. These two boys have changed over the last couple years from being typical silly boys to being way too serious.

Some parts of this I don't understand. She and her husband seemed to have a really solid relationship. Both are a couple of great people. But right after she got the diagnosis, she divorced him. Amicably, apparently. He's still around and they go to things like back to school night together. So they are still somewhat of a team. But I guess she just didn't want to spend her remaining time with him. So the boys are living with her in the family house, and after she dies, they will be with him. I don't know if they will move, or if he will just move back into the house he used to live in. It's all a little weird. So for these boys, there will be that additional change. Basically switching parents. Hopefully they will stay in the same house. There's a huge support network for this family here.

So I don't understand some of her decisions, but I guess having cancer clarifies some things.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote