View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
At what point is sex a sin?? If you are single and never been married is it ok to have sex?? Or is Sex a special thing reserved for marriage. Me personally I don't plan on getting married, never have never will. So dose that mean I can never have sex?? Or Am I just DOOMED to masturbate my life away?? Honestly I've tried it a few times and I don't really feel a need to do it. An I have written and said a few things about it that may be controversial. SO whats YOUR opinion. Is SEX necessary?

qcc??
I gather from what I've read of your posts that you're a fairly conservative Christian person - so I'd have to say - your doctrine defines this point pretty clearly. Paul said in 1 Cor 7:9 - But if they can't control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It's better to marry than to burn with lust., and then in 1 Thessalonians 4:4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable.

Basically sex is reserved for the sanctity of marriage (according to the Christian faith), and anything done outside of marriage, is a sin. Old Testament teachings indicate that masturbation is also a sin, because it 'spills the seed' of Man on the ground, eliminating the source of life. (Although there is debate as to whether or not those laws still apply now that Jesus has been here).

Personally - I don't believe that what I do in my bedroom is governed by G-d - nor His followers. I'm comfortable with my life, how I've lived it, and where I am now. In order to be comfortable with yourself, you have to reconcile your actions with your beliefs. If you strive to live the Word - no sex for you. If you believe it's an interpretation - well, time to interpret.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote