View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 10:00 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Feb 9th, 2018: Dairy Air

Dairy Air is an ice cream shop in Montclair NJ. They make ice cream using liquid nitrogen in creations
playing on the theme like, Backside Banana Split, Keister Key Lime and Coconut, Peanut Butt’r Booty,
Oprah’s Favorite Fanny, Backend Bourbon Blues, Bumm Rush, Sweet Cheeks and Chocolate,
Devil’s Derrière, Spankin’ Strawberry Moon, Mexican Waffle Wedgie and the Muffin-Top Money Maker.
Then they, along with an advertising board of advisors, came up with a new logo…

Quote:
Amy Tingle posted a now-private open letter on Facebook criticizing the ice cream shop’s choice. “It is offensive and sickening. A hyper-sexualized, obviously female cow with her ass upended and poking through a circle, tail raised up, waiting for what? I’m not sure, but I do know that I am repulsed and offended,” she wrote. “This kind of marketing scheme is the reason we currently have a sexual predator in the White House.”
Tingle and her partner, Maya Stein, co-own a local business called The Creativity Caravan — a “studio, gallery, and imaginarium.”
Uh, all cows are female, the ass is not upended, and cows don’t wait they raise their tails to swat flies and to shit.

The reactions on social media…
Quote:
• "Tasteless and completely unacceptable. In our climate of heightened awareness of sexual harassment this is even more shocking to me."

• "A cartoon butt does not offend me in the least. Must be exhausting being offended all the time."

• "It's kind of tasteless--therefore I'm sure the kids love it. Maybe it's just me but I've got bigger fish to fry."

• "This is not only tasteless marketing, it's disgusting, offensive and stupid."

• "Do people have that much time on their hands to give an uber-PC reading into a business' graffiti art? But not only that but, then somehow compare it to Trump is hysterical… That's the kind of obnoxious PC BS that a lot of America was sick of and got Trump elected into office."

• "I am thankful to the people who have the time and energy to speak up about society's evils. That's how progress is made. Even for the ones that don't see the point."

• "As a woman raised in a younger generation I am not offended or in any way swayed by a cartoon cow with a large derrière and ice cream cone. I think the visual pun was executed well and as well as being humorous; after all we are just talking about ice cream."

• "This thread is evidence that there's a real need for more understanding and education on misogyny and how different people interpret misogyny."
Quote:
Despite the many positive comments and notes of encouragement that Tingle's post has received, she's also hinted that the online discussion has grown much more divisive and vitriolic than expected.
"I'm weary of all this cross-posting and re-posting and commentary here in this Facebook black hole," Tingle wrote, encouraging people to have a face-to-face discussion and talk respectfully and honestly to each other about "the sexualization of our society."
She’s shocked not everyone agrees with her. So was Don Quixote.

link

link

link