View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 02:32 AM   #8
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
I'm sorry you are going through this, Iggy.
I'll just offer that you should speak with an atty specifically regarding your financial situation.
Dunno bout KS laws, but if you make more than him, you may owe him support.
Google the crap outta this on a PRIVATE computer.
Also, there is life on the other side of divorce and it can be a happy one. [emoji813]-on:
Thanks. When I get to the point where I'm ready for divorce I will definitely consult a lawyer.

I don't make *that* much more than Mr. Iggy... Maybe 25-35% more each year. I plan to try for primary custody of our daughter. I already do everything for her now... Drop her off and pick her.up from daycare, bath-time and bedtime routines, etc. I'm not positive, but I think as long as I have primary custody I don't have to pay him anything... But I also don't know if he would be told to pay me. He definitely wouldn't get alimony because he has held down a job and the pay discrepancy isn't ginormous.

I don't have a way to consult an attorney until I've made my choice to leave.... Finances are shared and he would find out if I paid someone. If I'm ready to leave I can delay him finding out for a short time, but he would definitely find out.