View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #20
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
This is why I won't watch soccer or basketball. Can't watch pussies fall at the slightest touch...
As I mentioned before, I played BB regularly with Marines. I am 5' 8" and one time I downed a 6' 2" muscle-bound Marine.

Cheek got a pass at the foul line, dribbled once, then decided to take a shot. As the pass reached him, I charged him to challenge his shot. Given that Cheek lost his dribble, I charged him aggressively. Absent-mindely, he again dribbled once and my knee hit his mid-upper-thigh. Cheek went down immediately and whithered on the ground for 10 seconds. Then, he got up and said, "Sorry, I traveled."

Later, Cheek told me that the way I accidentally hit him with my knee is actually a detainee control technique. You hit the guy with your knee in a certain place and he is down for the count.

There are several sensitive points throughout the human body. Cheap Flagrant Fouls in all sports should not be tolerated.

PS: I once was on the receiving end of a particularly badly placed elbow to my face in a pickup hockey game. Kind of the "funny bone" of your face. The doctor said it was serious for me to not play sports for 3 months.