View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #10
chrisinhouston
Professor

My wife got home this morning and we looked at ticket options for next month. She says we can afford my ticket in Business Class but she plans to hit up her boss as I will do the driving to and from the mine in Namibia each day so why shouldn't they just pay for my ticket.

So we found a slightly different route this next trip. All on Lufthansa but booked through United on a code share that gets us all the miles and PQM and PQ$ to actually move up in status. The cool thing is we fly from Houston to Frankfurt and also the same on the return on the new A380-800 double decker jet. Business class there is the second deck. And on the flights to and from Frankfurt to Johannesburg we fly a Boinb 747-8 series and will be in the smaller upper deck Business class section as well. Total price for the trip was $4944 which is $3000 less than my wife just paid to fly SAA on her last trip. Why the heck to the ticket prices change that much from day to day?

Now to get a car booked. I'd like to get a small 4x4 for the rough side roads that one sometimes encounters there.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote