View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 08:20 AM   #117
Snakeadelic
Banned

I took a huge break from concertgoing...like 1995 to 2009. Back in "the day", which for me was the last of the 80s and early in the 90s, I was all about the hair metal. As best I can recall, the pre-break list is something like:

The Scorpions at the Tacoma Dome, can't remember if it was 92 or 91 but they were straight up goddamn amazing.

AC/DC at Seattle Center, either 91 or 92--all I'm sure of is these 2 shows were not the same year.

Mr Big was one of the Scorpions' opening acts.
So was Great White, making the 3rd time out of 4 I've seen them. They were worth it back then, but my recent habit of checking how bands are doing NOW via the magic of YouTube tells me they're not any more.
LA Guns opened for AC/DC, and I managed to wind up seeing them a total of 4 times. The last one, in like 1994, was AWFUL. The lead singer was sloppy-ass drunk and almost got punched by a roadie he tried to drag up to a mike in mid-song.
Alice Cooper on his Trashes The World tour. In a 2000-seat hellhole in Salem, Oregon. Couldn't nod or turn my head for like 3 days afterward.
Faster Pussycat, with a couple other bands I don't remember. I do remember the show started an hour and a half late and all 3 bands blamed each other for the delays. My first husband, who had the reach of a damn orangutan, stole me a drumstick that had technically fallen behind the no-admittance ropes. I still have it.
Dangerous Toys
Danger Danger, during which they did a cover and apparently me and my best friend, all squashed up against the riot wall until some very nice college athletes decided to MAKE us some dancin' room, were the only ones who knew the words. The singer dragged every band member but the drummer over to show them the two chicks who knew all the words to Jimmy Buffett's 'Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw'. No, we did not get backstage passes.
Bonham, the band formed by Jason "Son of John" Bonham. SO MUCH AWESOME. Too bad the singer died in like 1996.
The Cult, for whom Bonham was opening. Before Ian Astbury cut off all his hair. Again, couldn't nod for like 3 days.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote