Thread: Sunset
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #32
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Thanks guys.

xoB: I wish. Because the road goes along the surface of the water, there's a long low unobstructed view to the mountain. It's a perfect shot. I take pictures of it all the time. It's on my 2 o'clock heading east, which is fine in the morning. I can shoot through the windshield or the passenger window. Irritatingly, the mountain hides directly beind the A pillar of the windshield when the driver's seat is in the most comfortable position. Oh well. But that also means it's on my 8 o'clock heading home, like during this shot. I knew it would be glorious, the first picture (and the dozen I took before the bridge) were ample warning. But once on the bridge there is no stopping, and it ends in a tunnel, with no real easy exit to come back around for this view, at least I don't know of one. If I knew of one (and I'm certain they exist), I'd probably have to leave an hour earlier to get my pictures in.

mercy: Thanks! It is an icon of the region, in an area blessed with an embarrassment of riches of natural beauty. Did you know that this area is the only place in the whole country where you can stand in one spot and see three different National Parks? A show like this makes me humble and grateful to witness such majesty.