View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #65
Snakeadelic
Banned

They upped the size on Kong because they're prepping to remake King Kong Vs. Godzilla, and Legendary's Godzilla is the tallest ever unless Japan's new Shin Godzilla is bigger (can't remember). They want it to look like Kong might have a scrap of a chance, so they may actually have to shrink their Godzilla.

Monkey may be too big, but the rendering and overall design impress me much. I am also, despite my enduring crush on Tom Hiddleston, REALLY looking forward to seeing John Goodman as the "greedy corporate shill who has to be forced to divulge even the simplest truth about the situation." And, of course, John C. Reilly is kinda growing on me the way small plants would try to grow in that beard he's sporting in the Skull Island trailers.

Just about two weeks and the only theater in my town will be showing Skull Island. The troubles with the new Batman movie are causing me to wonder if Aquaman's ever actually going to make it to release, but I hope it does. I grew up with the wussy Saturday morning cartoon Justice League version of Aquaman. Now I wanna see someone recognize the total badassery someone like that would be capable of perpetrating in a gritty reboot, and while Jason Momoa wouldn't have been my first choice he may turn out to be a very, very good choice depending on the actual movie. If all this Batman flailing about doesn't tank the Justice League franchise DC may or may not still be trying to put together.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote