View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #219
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Back to menus again.
The original plan for my birthday was to go to the Wetherspoons in Berkhamsted. It had to be close to Berko because me parents are house-sitting and can only be away from the house for a limited period of time. They'd walked up and down Berko High Street and realised that all the restaurants were very expensive - it's a dormitory town for city high fliers and there is serious money flashed by the ladies that lunch.

I was disappointed, I'll admit it.
Wetherspoons are great for let's-have-a-treat-meal. Sod-it-I-don't-want-to-wash-up-meal. I've-got-an-unexpected-ten-quid-let's-eat-meal. But they're hit and miss in terms of quality and give no sense of occasion.

Now of course I didn't tell the 'rents this. What kind of ungrateful brat turns her nose up at a meal out, especially when I only pay the minimum rent and contribution to bills in the first place. Also I didn't want to embarrass them - I've had people sneer at my iea of a good time before and it bloody hurts.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
We didn't end up eating there.
Not only did they not have what my parents wanted to order (Dada for one was really looking forward to it, having checked the menu out in advance) but the lady on the table next to us sent her meal back, and even the replacement was apparently dry and tasteless.

But for your delectation, here is a typical Wetherspoon's menu.
When they get it right, it's good plain cooking at a decent price.
Oh - it's a pub btw, not a restaurant. So the beer's cheap too.
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote