View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #1694
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

We made the first small step in moving yesterday evening. We have decided to move to Juju's house in another small *town* just outside of where we live now. Moving is my least favorite job in the world. Only hurdle we have is that both of us were well established and now we have two complete households and only need one. So now we're going through the keep or toss thingie. We will be having one helluva yard sale soon.

There is no negative side to the move though. We will be right around the corner from our property (where we will be putting a new house some time this year). Also her parents live on the property, so we will be two minutes from them instead of thirty. That is a good thing in that we have to check on them on a nearly daily basis, as they are both confined to wheelchairs. Hers is a better house hands down. My house is built out of block and sweats and molds and mildews, which leads to an ongoing battle against lurking health hazards. Also I have obsolete wiring (the old fuse box clusterfuck) and she has the updated breaker system. You have to learn to live in my house, which is to say, you have to know not to run the oven and the dryer at the same time and if you use the microwave you need to be sure to turn the bathroom heater off. Sheesh. I won't miss that annoying shit a bit.

We spend the majority of our time in the kitchen and music room. Her house will give us over twice as much space as mine does for these areas. Yes, it takes a whole room for our music/entertainment gear, complete with wire spaghetti floors. I love it. I am very excited about it, but will rejoice when we finally get it behind us. My Cellar time (and other time for that matter) will most likely be limited until we get this done. Wish us luck.