Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #12
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

The marked absence of facts has characterised this whole campaign.
In a general election all manner of promises, most of them undeliverable, will be made and the electorate generally accepts that, voting out of political tribal loyalty or simply frustration.
Well, it'll keep the other lot out, won't it?
Given the nature of the question, there should be at least some fairly concrete facts on which to base your voting decision but what do we have?
The Remain camp has issued all manner of dire warnings short of seven days of darkness laying over the face of the land, in the event of a vote to leave and the Leave campaign doesn't seem to have anything coherent to say.
It doesn't help that there isn't even a split along party lines and it has produced some very odd political alliances.

So, what do I do on Thursday? Sit on my hands and blame everybody else when it all goes wrong?
Whatever happens there's going to be some almighty upheaval one way or another in the following months.
Without giving too much away, I'm at an age (don't ask) where the health of my pension fund is becoming something of a concern.
Whatever the result, I've no doubt there will be stock market upheaval from 0830 on Friday morning so that noise you'll hear will be my pension fund heading south at Mach 2.