View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 05:44 AM   #76
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ah well, Newcastle is a foreign country

I've yet to reaccquaint myself with the 'babs here, but the ones in Leicester and London... you could taste the garlic sauce for two days. And enjoy the chilli sauce twice, lets put it that way

My evil ex took me to his favourite kebab shop in Nottingham when we were there to visit his family. He'd raved and raved about their kebabs for ages. He even told a story (ad nauseum) about turning his saintly vegetarian ex back onto meat again just from the smell of his kebab from that shop. So we had one. It was okay. Nothing special. I guess it's all down to what you're used to.

My favourite old shop is right opposite St Josephs at the bottom of the High Street. I might get Mum & Dad to pick me one up after mass on Saturday night! But perhaps it was my favourite because the owner used to spoil me. The first of a long line of fast food outlets which would treat me by feeding me up when I quite obviously didn't need it! I think it's because even if I'm drunk I still say please and thank you and treat them with respect.