View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

It doesn't take long for cats to go ferral

As some of you may know, we have 4 cats. A mummy cat, a daddy cat, a daughter cat and an adopted cat. The subject of this post is daughter cat, commonly known as skinny in our house.

Skinny has always been a bit neurotic. We think she might be a bit brain dead really. The place my Mum got her mother from was not the most reputable breeder and I think she might have had a fair bit of inbreeding going on.

So anyway, Skinny has always been a bit weird. She walks around meowing for no particular reason, and she's very skittish. Keeps mostly to herself and really doesn't get along very well with the other three cats.

Over the last couple of months, what with the holidays and getting the kids back to school, the animals have all had to spend a fair bit of time amuzing themselves, and while the other three cats seem to have coped pretty well, Skinny seems to have gone slightly ferral, to the point where it had become hard to catch her and if you bent to pat her she'd run away.

During the last week and in particular the last few days, I've spent a lot of time patting her and talking to her and just generally lavishing attention on her. She seems to be making a comeback, which is great, but I've just been amazed at how quickly she fell off the radar in the first place.

Cats really are wild creatures when it all comes down to it. We just think they need us.